Wednesday 20 May 2015

Steven Moffat: At some point I'll be lured away from Doctor Who and Sherlock



Steven Moffat: At some point I'll be lured away from Doctor Who and Sherlock


As a TV writer and fanboy working on Doctor Who and Sherlock, Steven Moffat is living the dream. Which is probably why he finds it so hard to leave the shows behind...
"I keep signing on for another year all the time," Moffat said. "I haven't really figured out what I'm going to do after this."

As showrunner on Doctor Who and co-creator of Sherlock, Moffat has creative control over two of British TV's biggest and best-loved properties, yet he admits there's a part of him that yearns to do something less high profile and says there will come a day when he'll bid farewell to both the Time Lord and the detective and turn his attention to other projects.

"At some point the lure of doing something else that isn't either of those shows will be too strong – I'll have to," Moffat told interviewer Jaci Stephens during a Bafta talk in New York earlier this month.
"There are moments – and this is the most ungrateful remark you're ever gonna hear from a white straight man, this is the supremacy of privilege here – I sometimes wish everything wasn't so high profile all the time."
"Oh all the success love, it's such a pressure!" he joked.
"But in a weird way I do, and it would be nice to do a stage play that nobody saw. I know that is the most ludicrous thing to complain about..."

Fans hoping to see that play (that nobody sees) shouldn't hold their breath – Moffat is currently working on series nine of Doctor Who and has just revealed that the fourth run of Sherlock will begin filming next spring...

By

No comments: