Wednesday 24 August 2016

Joivan Wade says he'd "love to" return to Doctor Who - but will Rigsy guest on spin-off show Class?

He fought the Boneless and faced the raven - but will Rigsy (Joivan Wade) be back on Doctor Who any time soon?

Joivan told Digital Spy that he's not been approached about returning to the show (though he would say that - spoilers!) - but he'd "love to" come back.

"I have no idea if Rigsy will return - I didn't know I'd come back when I did the first one in series eight," the actor said. "But I'd be up for it. I love Doctor Who, it's wicked.

"Even just the culture, the fans. It's crazy - they're so dedicated and you don't get that with a lot of shows. I still receive crazy fan-mail now, loads. On EastEnders, you get quite a bit, but this is more than I have for any other show."

So perhaps we'll see Rigsy in Doctor Who again someday? Or maybe he'd be a perfect fit for the new teen-oriented spin-off Class?

"You never know," grinned Wade. "I might have to text my agent now!"

The 23-year-old Wade explained that he's become a big science fiction fan since working with Peter Capaldi on Who - even going back and watching older episodes.

"I watched a few episodes of Matt Smith, a few episodes from David Tennant, and then the stuff with Peter - just looking at the differences, really, and how it's evolved.

"I liked them all for different reasons. My favourite is going to be Peter because I know him, I've worked with him, so as a person you connect, and I feel like Peter brings something very different to the Doctor... his experience. The way he carries himself is very different."

Via Digital Spy by Morgan Jeffery

No comments: